Regular Care for your Car Reduces Pollution & Money Waste
Okay, maybe yesterday’s green tip of leaving your car at home is not practical for you right now. If you must use your car, please make sure it is in good working order.
Caring for your car can keep it from adding extra pollution to the air and subtracting money from your wallet.
Here are some tips to maintain and care for your car for its best and greenest performance:
- Keep tires at proper pressure level.
- Use the recommended grade of motor oil.
- Check and change air filter when needed.
- Follow the manufacturer’s maintenance schedule.
- If you own a diesel vehicle, consider filling up with a biodiesel or renewable fuel blend (consult your owner’s manual for recommended fuels).
- Go easy on the gas pedal and brakes and use cruise control if you have it.
- Keep extra weight out of your car by unloading any unnecessary items from your trunk.
Of course, driving a hybrid/fuel efficient/low-emissions vehicle is your greenest option no matter how much you care for your car. You can learn more by reading the EPA’s Green Vehicle Guide.
We hope that you’re enjoying and trying out a few of our #30days2green tips. If you like what we’re sharing please help us spread the word! Share our posts on your own social media and with your friends and family.
Help us spread the green! If you haven’t already…check out our other tips. Ready for our next tip? We’ll have it ready for you tomorrow. 🙂
Please check back then or join us on Twitter. Share your own green tips and don’t forget the hashtag: #30days2green. Earth Day is right around the corner. Let’s take baby steps. Let’s sow seeds together. Let’s make a difference!
Annette Cain inspires others to care for their bodies and the earth. She is currently leading the “Plant a Tree Pose” movement to increase awareness about deforestation and raise money for planting trees worldwide.
Support our GREEN initiatives by joining our Plant a Tree Pose Movement Today!