It’s time to say “No!” to One-time Plastic Use.
Refusing single use plastic items (SUPs) is the most effective way you can help turn around the plastic pollution epidemic.
Yes, you can also “Reduce, Reuse and Recycle” (those will be the following Green Tips), but the new “R” on the block is to just REFUSE buying and using SUPs.
We have to drastically change this plastic poisoning because the health of our bodies and earth depends on it!
Here are some sobering stats from EcoWatch to help you say “No!” to SUPs:
- Enough plastic is thrown away each year to circle the earth 4 times.
- Over the last 10 years we have produced more plastic than during the whole of the last century.
- Plastic constitutes approximately 90% of all trash floating in our oceans.
- One million sea birds and 100,000 marine mammals are killed annually from plastic in our oceans.
Here’s a list of the biggest SUP offenders:
- Plastic grocery bags
- Plastic produce bags
- Plastic water (soda, tea, etc.) bottles
- Straws (especially those little ones on juice packs with their plastic cover)
- Plastic coffee cup lids
- Plastic and Styrofoam cups
- Plastic coffee pods
- Plastic ware
- Plastic tooth picker/floss
Stay tuned for the next “R” to help REDUCE plastic pollution tomorrow.
We hope that you’re enjoying and trying out a few of our #30days2green tips. If you like what we’re sharing please help us spread the word! Share our posts on your own social media and with your friends and family.
Help us spread the green! If you haven’t already…check out our other tips.
Please check back then or join us on Twitter. Share your own green tips and don’t forget the hashtag: #30days2green. Earth Day is right around the corner. Let’s take baby steps. Let’s sow seeds together. Let’s make a difference!
Annette Cain inspires others to care for their bodies and the earth. She is currently leading the “Plant a Tree Pose” movement to increase awareness about deforestation and raise money for planting trees worldwide.
Support our GREEN initiatives by joining our Plant a Tree Pose Movement Today!