First You “REFUSE” then you “REDUCE” Plastic
Reducing your plastic use is the next most effective way to make a positive impact on plastic pollution.
One area we can reduce plastic use is with the packaging of products.
Start paying attention to how things are packaged and choose items with the least plastic packaging.
Here are some suggestions on how to reduce plastic use when buying packaged products:
• Buy boxes instead of bottles (laundry detergent, dish soap, etc.).
• Buy from bulk bins (bring your own bag or container to fill).
• Buy loose tea instead of a box of tea bags.
Here are some other ways to reduce your plastic use:
• Use a razor with disposable blades.
• Use cloth diapers.
• Buy reusable bamboo utensils to bring to potlucks, picnics and bar-B-Q’s.
• Bring your own mug to coffee places.
• Bring your own take-out container to restaurants.
• Use your own lunch container and wrap sandwiches in parchment.
• Replace plastic storage containers with glass ones.
• Use matches instead of lighters.
• Choose digital music and videos over plastic CD’s and DVD’s.
• Make your own fresh squeezed juice and store in glass container.
Stay tuned for tomorrow’s Green Tip for suggestions on how to REUSE plastic.
We hope that you’re enjoying and trying out a few of our #30days2green tips. If you like what we’re sharing please help us spread the word! Share our posts on your own social media and with your friends and family.
Help us spread the green! If you haven’t already…check out our other tips.
Please check back then or join us on Twitter. Share your own green tips and don’t forget the hashtag: #30days2green. Earth Day is right around the corner. Let’s take baby steps. Let’s sow seeds together. Let’s make a difference!
Annette Cain inspires others to care for their bodies and the earth. She is currently leading the “Plant a Tree Pose” movement to increase awareness about deforestation and raise money for planting trees worldwide.
Support our GREEN initiatives by joining our Plant a Tree Pose Movement Today!